Saturday, February 4, 2023

 


MONET Immersive on Wall Street NYC

I had never seen one of the artist's immersive presentations before and, having written a deeply researched novel CLAUDE & CAMILLE: A NOVEL OF MONET, I wasn't sure I wanted to go. I am terribly glad I did. The immersive presentation is very moving, and I felt in some way that I was inside the mind and vision of one of the most loved of all artists. It is little known that by the time he finished his great water lily canvases, he was considered not important and old school....and for years L'Orangerie in Paris where the canvases were held had hardly a soul to visit them. Eventually people rediscovered them, and the smaller ones sell for many millions. I don't know how long this New York show will be open, but it's worth going.

No comments:

Post a Comment